The purpose of the County in Focus paper is to introduce you to the criminal justice system in different countries. This week we are focusing on Saudi Arabia. You are not expected to be an expert in Saudi Arabia’s criminal justice system, but you are expected to be able to speak (or write) intelligently about the system of justice currently in place in Saudi Arabia.
After reading your textbook, the articles in the “Supplemental Readings” folder, and doing some independent research, complete a paper according to the following guidelines:
- 2-3 pages (not including cover page and reference page), 12-point font, double spaced
- APA format with a minimum of two scholarly references.
- Describe the Saudi Arabia’s criminal justice system (you need to consider any of the topic areas we have focused on in the course readings).
- Briefly compare and contrast their system of justice to that found in Mexico or the United States.
- Briefly describe a few pros and cons to Saudi Arabia’s criminal justice system.