- Discuss each one of the parenting styles. What are short-term and long-term
consequences of each parenting style on the children? Which style did your
parents use? Do you agree with the research on parenting styles? Why or
- List at least 3 effective discipline techniques. What makes them so efficient?
http://www.babycenter.com (also refer to your book). What steps can you
take to make sure that you never hit/abuse your child? Be specific.
- What is your birth order in your family? Read about birth order and apply it
to your life. Is it accurate? Why or why not? Does it apply to your siblings?
Explain. http://www.rayid.com/main/sibling.htm (use your book and/or other
- Are you a C.O.D. (child of divorce)? If so, discuss your experience. What
effect(s) do you feel your parentâ€™s divorce had on you? What about your
siblings? How does your experience relate to what the book/research says
about divorce and children of divorce? If you are not a C.O.D., think of
someone you know who is a child of divorce. Relate what the book says
about divorce to the person you know.
- What happens to a child during Piagetâ€™s Preoperational and Concrete
Operational Stages? Discuss in detail.