Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
A high employee turnover in any industry can be a concern, more so in those that are customer centered. Industries that deal with people’s health are in an even more precarious position. Healthcare organizations with high attrition must consider how a “revolving door” of care providers affects the quality of care the organization is able to provide and the satisfaction of patients with their overall experience. HR professionals are responsible for staffing positions, training employees, providing benefits, and handling any problems or disciplinary actions. The day-to-day responsibilities of managing the workforce can leave little time for long-range planning.
In a minimum of 200 words, post to the Discussion Area your responses to the following:
- How does a high employee turnover rate impact the operations in a healthcare organization?
- Give examples of one clinical and one nonclinical position in your answer. For example, what is the effect of a high turnover among lab technicians and among billing staff?
- What data may be gathered and analyzed to assess the reasons for employee turnover? What additional data might HRM gather?
- What would you use for forecasting metrics for current and future staffing needs?
- Give an example of a particular healthcare setting (e.g., urban or rural, large or small hospital, or primary or tertiary care).
- What best practices would you recommend for reducing healthcare employee turnover? Explain at least three such best practices and their positive affect on a healthcare organization.
- Among clinical staff, would you target any particular age group for retention efforts? For example, would you make greater effort to retain younger staff for the organization’s long-term staffing needs or would you rather retain more experienced employees to improve the quality of care?
Provide reasons and evidence in support of your responses.