- Follow MLA 8th edition style guidelines; info on MLA can be found on the OWL Purdue website.
- Include personal info on the first page of your essay (there are no title pages in MLA). You must include: your name, your instructorâ€™s name, the class name, and the date. You will be marked on your adherence to MLA guidelines, so take a look at the sample paper on OWL Purdue to ensure your formatting is correct.
- Include a header with your last name and the page number. Ex. Bradbury 1.
- Do not add in any extra spaces between paragraphs.
- Double space your entire document (including the works cited) and use Times New Roman, 12 pt. font with 1â€ margins throughout.
- Indent every new paragraph.
- When referencing sources in-text: book titles, journal titles, and movie titles should be in italics; chapters of books and journal articles should be in quotation marks.