Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Write 500 for each part totals 1000 words words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas. APA format
Part 1 (Post this response in the main U5 DB thread “Unit 5 Discussion Board”)
Businesses created in the United States are required to comply with U.S. laws and must act ethically. Recall that the law creates a minimum amount of behavior obligatory by businesses in humanity, whereas ethics requires more. Ethics is a major consideration in examining the actions of managers and the function of business organizations. An ethically minded business focuses on the following:
- Integrity: Focusing on the character of the individuals involved in the decision or action
- Consequences: Focusing on good and bad decisions
- Duties, obligations, and principles: Focusing on fairness, justice, and respect for individuals and property
As the manager of your restaurant, you want to have a clear understanding of how to handle ethical issues that arise. You conduct some research and discover there are six steps to ethical decision making. List, explain, and give an example of the six steps of ethical decision making that businesses can follow. Then, choose a business that you believe acts ethically and is socially responsible. Once you select a business, provide examples of how your company is acting with social responsibility.
Part 2 (Post this response in the appropriate topic within U5 DB)
You decide that your restaurant is going to be socially responsible by implementing a corporate social responsibility plan. Under this plan, your restaurant is going to perform a series of fundraisers, donate leftover goods to homeless shelters, purchase only locally grown produce, and so on. Based on the first initial of your last name, complete the following:
- First initial M–Z: Provide an argument that supports the decision to implement the corporate social responsibility plan for the restaurant. Provide research, legal terminology, and cite a legal case to support your argument. Submit your position by posting in the Unit 5 Debate Forum under the FOR topic.
- First initial A–L: Provide an argument against implementing the decision to implement the corporate social responsibility plan for the restaurant. Provide research, legal terminology, and cite a legal case to support your argument. Submit your position by posting in the Unit 5 Debate Forum under the AGAINST topic.
NOTE: In both considerations, provide research that supports your assertions.