Review the article, ‘Review of computer-based assessment for learning in elementary and secondary education’ located in this Unit’s reading assignment. Analyze whether you would welcome the use of com
Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Review the article, ‘Review of computer-based assessment for learning in elementary and secondary education’ located in this Unit’s reading assignment. Analyze whether you would welcome the use of computer-based formative assessments in your classroom, or whether you would prefer to continue with your reliable paper-based formative assessments. Explain why or why not.
1. About TIMSS 2019. (n.d.). timssandpirls. https://timssandpirls.bc.edu/timss2019/
- ‘About TIMSS 2019’ is an overview of the planned 2019 TIMSS.
2. Baird, J., Isaacs, T., Johnson, S., Stobart, G., Yu, G., Sprague, T., & Daugherty, R. (2011, May). Policy effects of PISA. Oxford University Centre for Educational Assessment. http://oucea.education.ox.ac.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Policy-Effects-of-PISA-OUCEA.pdf
- ‘Policy effects of PISA’ is an analysis of PISA and an assessment of the PISA results in six countries
3. Bennett, R.E., & Gitomer, D. (2008, July). Transforming K-12 assessment: integrating accountability testing, formative assessment, and professional support. Educational Testing Service (ETS), pp. 1-30. https://www.ets.org/Media/Home/pdf/CBAL_TransformingK12Assessment.pdf
- ‘Transforming K-12 assessment’ is an analysis of the integration of technology with formative assessments. Read pp 12-18.
4. Carnoy, M. (2015, October). International test score comparisons and educational policy: a review of the critiques. National Education Policy Center (NEPC). https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED574696.pdf
- ‘International test score comparisons and educational policy’ is a review of the main critiques that have been made of international tests, as well as the rationales and education policy analyses accompanying these critiques, particularly the policy analyses generation by PISA.
5. OECD and PISA tests are damaging education worldwide-academics. (2014). Theguardian. https://www.theguardian.com/education/2014/may/06/oecd-pisa-tests-damaging-education-academics
- ‘OECD and PISA tests are damaging education worldwide-academics’ is a letter to the Director of OECD’s PISA from academicians from around the world who express deep concern about the impact of Pisa tests and call for a halt to the next round of testing.
6. Program for International Students Assessment (PISA) . (n.d.). IES, National Center for Education Statisitics. https://nces.ed.gov/surveys/pisa/
- ‘Program for International Students Assessment (PISA)’ is the website for PISA.
7. Progress in International Reading Literacy Study (PRLS). (n.d.) . IES. National Center for Education Statistics. https://nces.ed.gov/surveys/pirls/
- ‘Overview’ is an overview of the PIRLS
8. Rethinking classroom assessment with purpose in mind. (2006). Western and Northern Canadian Protocol for Collaboration in Education. https://www.edu.gov.mb.ca/k12/assess/wncp/full_doc.pdf
- ‘Rethinking classroom assessment with purpose in mind’ presents important facets of assessment; it will make you reflect on the assessment FOR, AS, and OF learning, and it suggests strategies to be applied in the classroom. In this Unit, you need to read Chapter 4.
9. Shute, V., & Rahimi, s. (2017). Review of computer-based assessment for learning in elementary and secondary education. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 33., pp1-19. http://myweb.fsu.edu/vshute/pdf/jcal.pdf
- ‘Review of computer-based assessment for learning in elementary and secondary education’ Is a review of these electronic assessments and of their benefits.
10. The Purpose of PISA. (2013). The Center for Education Reform. https://www.edreform.com/edspresso-shots/the-purpose-of-pisa/
- This site explains the purpose of PISA and how it plays in creating policy.
11. Trends in Mathematical and Science Study (TIMSS) (n.d.) Overview. IES. NCES. Retrieved from: https://nces.ed.gov/timss/
- ‘Overview’ is an overview of the TIMSS
12. Zalasnick, M. (2017, October). K12 makes assessment shifts, districts increase formative testing to generate real-time data and reduce high-stakes exams. District Administration. https://districtadministration.com/k12-makes-assessment-shifts/
- ‘K12 makes assessment shifts’ examines the use of adaptive learning software to generate formative assessments and argues that “computer-based formative assessments allow students to keep track of their own test data and, interviewing with educators, monitor their own progress toward learning targets”.
1. Molinar, M. (2017, May 24). Market is booming for digital formative assessments. EducationWeek. https://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2017/05/24/market-is-booming-for-digital-formative-assessments.html?print=1 (2:00)
- ‘The market is booming for digital formative assessments’ reports on how certain school districts in the US are turning to and purchasing digital assessment platforms for their formative assessments.
2. OECD. (2016, December 6). How does PISA work? [Video]. YouTube. (2:45)
- ‘How does PISA work?’ is a visual explanation of this assessment by OECD
3. Scantlebury, T. (2018, June 18). Informal assessment tool: formative computer-based test [Video]. YouTube.
- ‘Informal assessment tool: formative computer-based test’ is an overview of the positive and negative aspects of computer-based formative assessments.
We offer the best essay writing services to students who value great quality at a fair price. Let us exceed your expectations if you need help with this or a different assignment. Get your paper completed by a writing expert today. Nice to meet you! Want 15% OFF your first order? Use Promo Code: FIRST15. Place your order in a few easy steps. It will take you less than 5 minutes. Click one of the buttons below.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper