Program vs. Project
Briefly address each of the following bullets:
- Is the process of designing a new product or service a project or a program? Explain your answer.
- What are the different characteristics that must be kept in mind when you are designing for manufacturing (sometimes also called designing for manufacturability) and how do they differ from the characteristics that must be considered when you are designing for customers (sometimes also called “service design”)?
- Select a company (other than the one that you analyzed in W1 Assignment 3) that produces a product or provides a service (do not select a company that only sells products or services produced by others, like Wal-Mart). Describe the company and whether this company produces a product or provides a service. Investigate and describe any information you can locate about how this company designs the process to produce its product or to provide its service.
The final paragraph (three or four sentences) of your initial post should summarize the one or two key points that you are making in your initial response.Your posting should be about 1 page (400 to 500 words) in length.Justify your answers using examples and reasoning.
Also need 3 references for part 1 APA format please
Project Management Tools
This week’s readings discussed tools that are available for the planning and control of projects. These tools include WBSs, Gantt charts, and PERT/CPM networks. In this assignment, you will design CPM and PERT networks to meet the requirements of an engineering firm. The firm needs solutions for the following problem:One of the firm’s existing projects needs to be completed earlier than planned. Use the following data and the critical path and PERT methods to answer the questions that follow. Use the “most likely time” estimate (m) as the time estimate for the CPM analysis.
Activity Immediate Predecessors Times in Days a m b A None 1 3 5 B None 1 2 3 C A 1 2 3 D A 2 3 4 E B 3 4 11 F C, D 3 4 5 G D, E 1 4 7 H F, G 2 4 6
- Draw the network.
- Describe the critical path using the CPM approach.
- Analyze what the estimated completion time using the CPM approach is.
- Analyze what the estimated completion time using the PERT approach is.
- Assess why the estimated completion times are not identical in the two approaches.
- Under what circumstances would the CPM approach to developing a project plan be more appropriate? Under what circumstances would the PERT approach be more appropriate?
- Submit your report in a three- to four-page Word document, using APA style.
- Submit it to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- Name your document SUO_MBA6012_W2_ LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
Need 3 references for this assignment also please. APA format