- Define risk. In your definition, state the relationship between risk and uncertainty.
- Risk may be classified in several ways. List the principal ways in which risk may be categorized, and explain the distinguishing characteristics of each class.
- List the four types of pure risk facing an individual or an organization and give an example of each.
- Explain why the number of risks and the severity of losses increase over time.
- Identify the two broad approaches to dealing with risk recognized by modern risk management theory.
- Identify and briefly describe the six steps in the risk management process.
- What is the relationship between risk management and insurance management? In your answer, you should demonstrate an understanding of the difference between the two fields.
- Distinguish among traditional risk management, financial risk management, and enterprise risk management.
- List and explain each of the desirable elements of an insurable risk.
- Explain the dual application of the law of large numbers as it pertains to the operation of insurance.
- What legal and ethical responsibilities do companies have to their customers?
- Cite and discuss in detail two cases in which a company endangered customers because of the manufacture or design of their products. How did the company address the issue?
- What consequences did the companies in the cited cases face and were these consequences warranted? Why or why not?
Compose your findings in a Word document and be sure to cite your sources.
Please go to You Tube, bing.com videos, or any Video sharing web site and add the Key Words:â€ Pro Union and then Anti Unionâ€
Watch several sites that promote either side of this debate in our current economic environment!
- Explain first what site influenced you the most and give me its internet address!
- What did you learn?
- Are you now Pro union or anti Union and why?
Your paper should be at least two and not more than three, double spaced pages, no Title Page
- Cover Page with Name, Date, and Title of Assignment
- Use headings to separate the sections of the paper (use the Questions selected)
- Page numbers
- Times New Roman, size 12
- Use a minimum of four sources (from the past four years) for each response
- In-text citations in APA style
- Reference page using APA style
Select any four of these six topics and address each question comprehensively:
- It has been said that “a company that deserves a union gets one,” suggesting that if proper leadership and motivation techniques are employed and desirable policies devised, the workers will not want to unionize. Either agree or disagree with this philosophy. Support your position and explain what a company could do to create an environment where workers will not want to unionize. â€¨
- Some means of resolving negotiations impasses involve economic weapons (e.g. strikes and lockouts). There are other means of impasse resolution that do not involve the use of economic weapons (e.g. fact finding, mediation, med/arb/interest arb, etc.). Select two (2) non- economic means of impasse resolution, 1) explain how each one functions and 2) discuss the relative pros and cons of each.
- Unions have declined as a percentage of the workforce in the private sector. With this decline, have career and workplace dissatisfaction and alienation increased? If so, why is this so? If not, why not? Support your position.
- List and discuss some of the advantages and disadvantages in using seniority as a factor to determine shift preference or overtime assignments.
- Identify two different steps a company should take to prepare for its first round of bargaining with the union pre-negotiation activities. Explain why each of the steps you have identified is critical to achieving an initial successful collective bargaining agreement with the union.
- Identify and explain the major ways in which the government is an important participant in the labor relations.
this assignment is due on may 25th. if there is any clarifications thats needed, or any information about a topic, please let me know.
It is an essay about “Maintaining one’s culture”. It is for my General Psychology class. PSY 1001. It is due next week but I would like to have it this upcoming Friday because I have to prepare a Power Point presentation about it. Therefore, having it by Friday would help me develop a good presentation. The format required is APA style. The minimum pages are 4 without the abstract, title page, references, etc. It is mandatory to search for 4 Professional References from 4 different valid sources.
Please read and comment. Comments can agree or disagree with the original post. Offer facts, rationale, and/or other sources of information to back your point of view on comments:
After viewing an article from Stanford Center on Poverty and Inequality, it is important to note that â€œover the last 30 years, wage inequality in the United States has increased substantially.â€ It is clear that the wage gap between CEOâ€™s and average employees is very prominent, being 185 times higher in 2009. According to CNBC, women currently earn about 20% less than men, but that is an average since this number fluctuates in different states. According to US News, a potential solution to these problems would be to combat discrimination and invest in women.
I would agree with this idea, because one of the biggest issues with pay inequalities is the gender gap. An article from US News stated that â€œif you look at the family compositions, itâ€™s those female head of households with the highest percentage or poverty.â€ This is why investing in women, and enabling them is important. If women feel like they are able to be more forward about asking for a raise and discussing wages, the gap will diminish. Similarly, combating discrimination in the workplace will help situations like African Americans being paid less. Educating workers and dealing with any forms of discrimination properly could help this problem.
The reference papers provided by Writerbay.net serve as model papers for students and are not to be submitted as it is. These papers are intended to be used for research and reference purposes only.
Phone: +1 (940) 905 5542